About the course RF10 Problem Solving through Root Cause Analysis
The course provides a program to become a complete problem solver. The Statistical Engineering (SE) methodology helps to create the starting grid for problem analysis and to understand a measurement system. It provides insight into which products and data to investigate and which statistical tools to use for that. Learn how to deal with failing products and how to report progress to management.
Subjects of the course RF10 Problem Solving through Root Cause Analysis
During the RF10 Problem Solving through Root Cause Analysis course the following subjects will be discussed:
- Introduction to Statistical Engineering
- MSE test | scoring transform | concentration diagrams
- Decision tools / split types | strategies diagrams
- GP / TP analysis | parts swap analysis
- Y-X scatterplots | process flow diagrams | multi-vari | active multi-vari
- Mixer noise case
- Logic pairs | resistance limit transforms | new versus present testing
- Group comparisons | clue lists | operations search
- Black Belt in problem solving basics | process specification graphs | precontrol / process control | executive summary
- Full factorial DoE | rank anova | case studies
Results of the course RF10 Problem Solving through Root Cause Analysis
During the RF10 Problem Solving through Root Cause Analysis course you will learn:
- How the Statistical Engineering methodology works
- How to deal with failing products and how to report progress to management
- To become a complete problem solver
This course aims at all engineers and specialists working in technical areas. The course is specifically meant for those who want to learn the efficient root cause analysis methods and be able to apply them in their own organization.
10 half-day sessions spread over 5 or 10 days.
Locations, date & schedule
Location: Eindhoven – High Tech Campus 29
Day 1: July 01
Day 2: September 10
Day 3: October 08
Day 4: November 05
Day 5: December 10
Day 1: July 05
Day 2: September 13
Day 3: October 11
Day 4: November 08
Day 5: December 06
The investment is €3.500 per participant, excluding VAT. Included are the 5 training days, extensive course material, project support during training days, daily lunch and drinks.
Dr. Ko Dousma Ko Dousma:
Sr. Product, Process & Reliability specialist at Holland Innovative. Ko is a Master Black Belt in Design for Six Sigma and with more than 30 years of experience in dozens of companies in several different industries, Ko is the expert in technical problem solving and reducing product and process variations.
Dr. Ir. Coen Smits:
He has been working as a reliability specialist at Holland Innovative for over 10 years. Over this period he finished several assignments in the high tech and automotive industry. Before that, he used the develop production equipment for solar cells.
Certificate / diploma
Participants receive a certificate of participation. Moreover, the training can serve as one of the modules to obtain the Certificate Reliability Engineer according to VDI 4002.
Method of teaching
The course is offered as an in-class course, but any other form is open for negotiation. We are able to offer offline, online and hybrid courses. Holland Innovative offers this course also as in-company course, with an option to include on-the-job coaching on ongoing problem-solving projects. The course can be tailored to needs when necessary.
Maximum group size: 16 participants