This master class guarantees a comprehensive overview of the project management profession. It is based on the IPMA Competence Baseline NCB 4 (IPMA C & IPMA D level). A valuable addition to this baseline forms the link to the Product Creation Process. The master class is therefore particularly suitable for people who work in engineering and/or product development and want to understand how project management is used in conjunction with system engineering, quality management, process improvement, reliability engineering and supply chain management.
A selection of hot topics that will be covered:
1. Leadership versus management. About ‘doing the right things’ and ‘doing things right’.
2. How to make a planning for activities that seem hard to plan? Do not let yourself get surprised by unexpected problems, definition trajectories and change requests from the customer!
3. How to balance between risk management activities while keeping enough speed in the project?
4. How to manage your team and even more important, how to manage your customer and your environment?
5. How to integrate project management with quality, integration & release and process-improvement? About Six Sigma, FMEA, Fagan Inspections, Testing, HALT, etc.
6. Why should a project manager never get into a routine mode? About useful restlessness and the active search for problems.
Day 1 – The Basics of Project Management
• Introduction; the position of the project manager within the organization
• Project management in a nutshell
• The project preparation phase and stakeholder management
Day 2 – Leadership and other behavioral competencies
• Situational leadership and influence
• Social skills and teamwork
Day 3 – Project Definition
• The 10 logical steps in creating a plan
• Schedules in practice: tips & tricks
Day 4 – Project Execution and Control
• Project management and integral control on results
• PPP implementation, organization and finances
This curriculum is based on the guidelines of IPMA (International Project Management Association), which guarantees an internationally proven quality and experience level. The IPMA guidelines are based on best practices. Emphasis is on results rather than on the way to achieve this. This has resulted in a wide acceptance for IPMA.
The training is an excellent preparation for the examination at IPMA Certificering Nederland for IPMA at level D (starting project manager) or the theoretical exam at level C (Experienced Project Manager with demonstrable experience).
Roel Wessels – Holland Innovative
Course duration and number of participants:
4 modules of one day from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm. Given the interactive form of the course the number of participants will be around 8-10 persons. In-company programs can also be arranged.
Teacher and author of the content of this master class is Ir. Roel Wessels, Director Project Management & Technology at Holland Innovative.
Location and cost:
Eindhoven: High Tech Campus 9 (Bèta Building)
Enschede: Hengelosestraat 500 (Building The Gallery)
The costs are €2.990 (excl. VAT) per participant. Included are four trainingdays, the book'”De Complete Projectmanager”, course material, tools, refreshments and daily lunches.
If you want to get certified by IPMA we recommend you to buy the IPMA book “Project Management based on NCB version 4”.
24 march, 14 april, 12 may, 2 june
15 september, 6 october, 27 october, 17 november
14 may, 4 june, 18 june & 2 july
15 october, 12 november, 26 november, 17 december
Do you have a question about one of our courses?
Would you like to discuss the possibilities? Please contact us for further information.
T: +31 (0)40 851 4611