About the One Day Workshop Root Cause Analysis
Problem-solving deals with processes with a spread on the output, leading to products that do not fit requirements. The Statistical Engineering (SE) methodology exploits the fact that one Root Cause always has the largest contribution and the goal is to find this root cause and to understand it. When you have found the root cause, the solution is most of the time obvious. During this workshop, awareness will be developed to solve problems with help of the SE methodology. The workshop enables the participants to apply this methodology in their own working environment.
Subjects of the One Day Workshop Root Cause Analysis
During the Root Cause Analysis workshop the following subjects will be discussed:
- Introduction to Statistical Engineering
- Strategy diagram + goat system case
- Measuring systems – MSE test
- Decision tools
- Part swap analysis
- GP/TP analysis
- New vs present significance testing
Results of the One Day Workshop Root Cause Analysis
During the Root Cause Analysis workshop you will learn:
- SE concepts (critical to quality, major root cause)
- How to go to the work floor, take the products that are not meeting requirements and compare these with the correct products. This often reveals more than the overflow of data and statistics that the quality manager receives on a daily basis
- How to solve problems with help of the SE methodology. The workshop enables the participants to apply this methodology in their own working environment.
The One Day Workshop Root Cause Analysis is aimed at executives and senior engineers who work in production and development.
Set up workshop
1 Day, from 9 am to 5 pm
Locations, dates & schedule
Location: Eindhoven – High Tech Campus 29,
The investment is € 795, – per participant (ex. VAT). Included is the workshop’s extensive class material, lunch, coffee, tea and refreshment drinks.
Dr. Ir. Ko Dousma
Sr. Product, Process & Reliability specialist at Holland Innovative. Ko is a Master Black Belt in Design for Six Sigma and with more than 30 years of experience in dozens of companies in several different industries, Ko is an expert in technical problem solving and reducing product and process variations.
Dr. Ir. Coen Smits:
Working as a reliability specialist at Holland Innovative for over 10 years. Over this period he finished several assignments in the high tech and automotive industry. Before that, he used the develop production equipment for solar cells at OTB Solar. He holds a Ph.D. in Applied Physics from the Eindhoven University of Technology and worked for some time at the RWTH Aachen University.
Certificate / diploma
Participants who have followed the workshop receive a certificate of participation.
Method of teaching
The workshop is offered as an in-class course, but any other form is open for negotiation. We are able to offer offline, online and hybrid courses.
A maximum of 20 participants