About the course RF6 Software Reliability
In this training, the entire Software Development Process (Product Creation Process) is covered. Focusing on early design concepts, methods and procedures will be taught to define software Reliability requirements and realize and validate this required software Reliability during the software design and development. Using proper software Reliability engineering, risks will be identified, controlled, and mitigated early in the software development process.
Subjects of the course RF6 Software Reliability
During the course Software Reliability a selection of the topics that will be discussed:
- Introduction to software Reliability engineering, glossary;
- Software Reliability landscape;
- Software development processes;
- Verification and validation strategy;
- Software Reliability requirements;
- Risk analysis (FMEA – failure mode and effects analysis) for software;
- Fault tolerance;
- Operational and user profiles;
- Integration and testing;
- Root cause analysis, orthogonal defect classification (ODC);
- Predicting software Reliability;
- Reliability growth models
Results of the courseRF6 Software Reliability
Upon completion of the Software Reliability course:
- You will be trained to become a professional Software Reliability Engineering capable of supporting Software Architects, Developers, and Engineers in creating Reliable Software for complex systems;
- You will be able to provide proactive and solid engineering and management recommendations throughout the entire Software Development and Engineering process.
Reliability engineers, working in the field of Reliability, design, testing, warranty analysis, project planning, maintenance or inspection.
3 days from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm.
Locations, dates & schedule
Location: Eindhoven – High Tech Campus 29
Day 1: November 04
Day 2: November 24
Day 3: November 25
Ir. Bryan Bakker
Working as a Test Architect at Sioux Technologies for over 10 years, with a specialism in software testing. Focusing on Software Reliability and SW Reliability Testing & Validation of complex and innovative software-intensive systems. Co-author of the book “Finally… Reliable Software!: A practical approach to design for reliability”.
The investment is €2.300,- (ex. VAT) per participant. This includes 3 training days, a syllabus of the course material, templates, additional literature on software Reliability engineering, lunch and refreshments.
Certificate / diploma
After completing the course, participants receive proof of participation. The program is developed in line with the VDI 4002 Reliability Guideline, in cooperation with the University of Stuttgart, consisting of several modules, leading to CRE – Certified Reliability Engineer – Certification.
Method of teaching
The course Software Reliability is offered as an in-class course, but any other form is open for negotiation. We are able to offer offline, online and hybrid courses.
Maximum group size: 12 participants.
The Reliability Foundation Program is a post-graduate education, focusing on the practical aspects of Reliability engineering. The program has been developed in accordance with VDI 4002 Reliability guidelines in collaboration with the University of Stuttgart and consists of several modules that will result in a VDI Reliability Engineer certification.
Participants are recommended to first follow the training courses Reliability Foundation 1 and Reliability Foundation 2 or to ensure that their body of knowledge includes Life Data Analysis, Reliability Testing, and System Reliability.