About the course RF2 Analytical Reliability Methods and System Reliability
During this training, the analytical Reliability methodologies and system-level approaches that lead to the development of reliable systems are taught. These proactive methodologies will identify project Reliability risks early, quantify these risks, and interrelate the various failure mechanisms within the components. Together this will lead to a complete system Reliability analysis. Participants will be trained to become a Reliability engineering professional who is capable of creating Reliability and risk analyses of complex systems. By focusing on early design concepts, these analyses lead to proactive and solid engineering and management recommendations throughout the entire product creation process.
Subjects of the courseRF2 Analytical Reliability Methods and System Reliability
During the course Analytical Reliability Methods and System Reliability A selection of the topics that will be discussed:
- Introduction, Reliability glossary
- RBD – Reliability Block Diagrams
- Boolean algebra and probability calculations
- Exercises using BlockSim software
- FTA – Fault Tree Analysis; qualitative FTA and quantification of Risks; by hand and with BlockSim
- ETA – Event Tree Analysis • Relation FTA, RBD, and ETA
- FMEA – Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Monte Carlo simulations
- Introduction to Markov Chains and Petri Nets
- Repairable system analysis
- RCA – Root Cause Analysis tools
Results of the courses RF2 Analytical Reliability Methods and System Reliability
During the RF2 Analytical Reliability Methods and System Reliability course you will learn:
- You become a professional Reliability engineer, capable of creating Reliability and risk analyses of complex systems. Focusing on early design concepts, these analyses lead to pro-active and solid engineering and management recommendations throughout the entire product creation process;
- To take the lead in projects on the aspect of System Reliability, closely cooperating with the Six Sigma methodologies.
The course aims at professionals concerned with the design, testing, warranty analysis, Reliability, project planning, maintenance, or inspection.
The course consists of 2 blocks of two and three days, from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Locations, dates & schedule
Location: Eindhoven – High Tech Campus 29
Block 1: May 17 – 18
Block 2: June 07 – 09
The investment is €3.500, excluding VAT per participant. Included are the 5 training days, extensive course material, the book ‘Practical Reliability Engineering’, daily lunch and drinks. In addition, four times free participation in the Reliability User Group (valid until one year after the last day of this course). Not included in the price are the costs for the theory exam, project support and certification.
Ir. Elly van den Bliek
Expert in Reliability and functional safety. Started in the process industry and moved on to the automotive, high-tech, energy, aerospace and medical industries. Employed as Sr. Reliability & Functional Safety specialist at Holland Innovative.
Dr. Ir. Ko Dousma
Sr. Product, Process & Reliability specialist at Holland Innovative. Ko is a Master Black Belt in Design for Six Sigma and with more than 30 years of experience in dozens of companies in several different industries, Ko is an expert in technical problem solving and reducing product and process variations.
Certificate / diploma
At the end of the last session, the participants will receive a declaration of participation. Moreover, the training can serve as one of the modules to obtain the Certificate Reliability Engineer according to VDI 4002.
Method of teaching
The course RF2 Analytical Reliability Methods and System Reliability is offered as an in-class course, but any other form is open for negotiation. We are able to offer offline, online and hybrid courses.
Maximum group size: 12 participants.
The Reliability Foundation Program is a post-graduate education, focusing on the practical aspects of reliability engineering. The program has been developed in accordance with VDI 4002 Reliability guidelines in collaboration with the University of Stuttgart and consists of several modules that will result into a VDI Reliability engineer certification.