About the course Green Belt to Black Belt
From your background as a Green Belt, you have the necessary base to grow into a Black Belt. You are familiar with techniques such as statistics and measurement system analysis that are further explored in the Green Belt to Black Belt course. You will be trained to be a professional Black Belt and you can take the lead within projects and implement them according to the DfSS methodology.
The focus on customer demand and the proactive way of collecting and evaluating data, leads to better products and an up-to-date development process for your organization. This has a significant impact on product design, quality, reliability, operating results and customer satisfaction.
To increase the effectiveness of the learning process of the Six Sigma methodology and associated tools, the participants will preferably carry out an initial project in sync with the course.
Subjects of the course Green Belt to Black Belt
During the course Green Belt to Black Belt the following subjects will be discussed:
- DfSS Project definition, business case
- DfSS Requirements, Voice of the Customer
- Measurement system analysis categorical,
- Process Capability, DPMO, non-normal data
- Data Analysis: regression analysis, non-parametric testing,
- Critical Parameter Management, methodical design, CTQ
(Critical to Quality) Flowdown
- Keptner Trego, 8D, ishikawa, Shainin, Lean
- TRIZ special
- Process FMEA, p-diagram
- Process mapping, risk management, FMEA, problem solving
- Power and sample size
- Design of Experiments; fractional factorial, conjoint analysis
- Reliability introduction
- Robust Design & Tolerancing
- Design for Reliability and application of DfSS tools
- Connect tools to DIDOV and DMAIC methodologies, closure
Results of the course Green Belt to Black Belt
During the course Green Belt to Black Belt you will learn:
- The Design for Six Sigma (DfSS) methodologies
- In a few steps to reach an effective risk management process (FMEA) including risk mitigation. In addition to CTQ flowdown and FMEA, creative techniques (TRIZ), preparation of experiments (DOEs), measurement system evaluations (GR&R) and Reliability Engineering methods are discussed
Green Belt professionals who execute projects for the development of new products, services and processes. We expect affinity with decision-making based on facts, supported by statistics and personal involvement in projects. The Green Belt to Black Belt course is suitable for professionals at academic or HBO level, or the same level of knowledge gained through experience.
The course consists of 3 blocks in total 8 full days, from 9 am to 5 pm.
Locations, dates & schedule
Location: Eindhoven – High Tech Campus 29
January 12 (2021)
The investment is € 4.650,- (ex. VAT) per participant, extensive course material, project support during the training days and daily lunch.
Marcel Logger MSc:
Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma and Design for Six Sigma with a background in manufacturing, service, and logistics. Working as Sr. Product & Process Specialist at Holland Innovative
Ing. Theo de Goede:
Passionate Master Black in the field of customer-focussed design in the High/Med-Tech field. At Holland Innovative, his knowledge is directed to the Design for Six Sigma and Reliability Engineering area.
Certificate / diploma
Participants who have followed the training receive a certificate of participation.
Method of teaching
The course is offered as an in-class course, but any other form is open for negotiation. We are able to offer offline, online and hybrid courses.
In the case of one or more non-Dutch speaking participants, the training is given in English.
A maximum of 10 participants
To obtain the certificate, candidates need to demonstrate they control the Green Belt or Black Belt level of the learning objectives specified in the Six Sigma curriculum. This is tested through a theoretical exam. In addition candidates need to submit one (Green Belt) or two (Black Belt) successful projects, demonstrating that they can apply the Six Sigma way of working effectively.