This Green Belt training course deals explicitly with the Six Sigma method. So you will be trained to be a Green Belt and you will then be able to carry out operations in a project in accordance with the methodology. As a Green Belt you will be responsible for the statistical justification with which the correct decisions can be taken in your organisation. You can perform development and improvement projects independently and can support the DfSS Black Belt effectively in complex projects. The focus on client demand and the proactive way of collecting data lead to better products and an improvement in the corporate results.
To enhance the effectiveness of the learning process for the Six Sigma methodology and the associated tools, you will perform your first project in tandem with the course’s progression. You will also receive support in projects in the form of free participation in the Six Sigma User Group (4x a year) for one year. With the actual contribution to the corporate results of your project, the investment in this course will be justified.
A selection of the skills which will be learned:
The phasing can be shown as follows:
• Reactive: Define – Measure – Analyse – Improve – Control (DMAIC)
The activities to be carried out in each phase are discussed, introducing the useful statistical and other ‘tools’ for the relevant phase. Statistics are important to take decisions based on data. For this reason, there will be extensive practice with the Minitab statistical software. To guarantee good quality for the new product, the following topics will also be considered: FMEA, Robust Design and Tolerancing, Reliability, Lean. The focus is on the practical applicability. Presentations will alternate with exercising the statistical techniques. A ‘Statapult’ game will also be used to put the learned theory into practice.
Six Sigma introduction and the DIDOV and DMAIC methodologies:
• Project Charter
• CTQ and CTQ Flowdown
• Morphological Matrix and Pugh Matrix
Statistics, using Minitab * statistical software:
• Elementary Statistics, distributions and correlations
• Measuring System Analysis
• Control charts
• Process capability
• Hypothesis testing (X categorical vs. Y continuous (t-tests, ANOVA), both X and Y continuous (= Regression Analysis), both X and Y categorical (proportions, Chi-square) and X continuous and Y categorical (= Logistic Regression))
• Design of Experiments
• Conjoint Analysis (optional)
• Data Sampling, non-normal distributed data, transformations
• Robust Design and Tolerance analysis
• Lean (optional)
* For in-company courses, the course can be conducted with JMP as statistical software on request.
Optional: if time permits.
Location and investment:
Eindhoven: High Tech Campus 29
Enschede: The Gallery (Twente University)
The investment is €3.500 (excl. VAT) per participant. Included are six training days, extensive course materials, project support during the training days, refreshments and daily lunches. Also within 1 year, 4x free participation in the Six Sigma User Group. Not included are the costs for the theory examination, other project supervision and Green Belt certification.
If you want to take the exam during the 3 planned exam days, the costs for the theory exam are € 350 per participant. If you want to take the theory test at another time, the costs are € 500 per participant. You can register by sending an email to email@example.com. Please state clearly which exam you want to participate in.
Course duration and number of participants:
3 blocks of 2 days from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Maximum group size: 16 participants. In-company programs can also be arranged.
Block 1: August 31, September 1
Block 2: October 5, October 6
Block 3: November 2, November 3
Block 1: September 21, September 22
Block 2: October 19, October 20
Block 3: November 23, November 24
*Holland Innovative training courses are offered fully remote and online in the Live Online Interactive Training format (LOIT). This development is a logical step in the contact-limiting measures regarding the COVID19 virus and will be offered by Holland Innovative for all courses and workshops in 2020. We are continuously working on innovations in knowledge development: from challenge based learning to electronic learning environment and fully remote. Contact us for more information about LOIT, we are happy to help you.
Ir. Marcel Logger
Do you have a question about one of our courses?
Would you like to discuss the possibilities? Please contact us for further information.
T: +31 (0)40 851 4611
Participants who have completed the 6-day training will receive a certificate of participation. To become a certified Green Belt, the candidate must:
• Pass the theoretical Green Belt Exam
• Submit one successful project
The theoretical Green Belt Exam is a so-called open-book exam; it is allowed to bring an use handouts and books. The exam is in Dutch or English language and consists of multiple choice and open questions. The exam assesses understanding of the Six Sigma methodology, familiarity with Six Sigma techniques and understanding of Minitab output.
The two submitted projects must meet the following requirements:
• The monetary results of the projects should be over € 20,000 on an annual basis. For projects that have only non-monetary benefits, the examination committee will assess whether the project is of sufficient gravity.
• The project documentation should follow the format of the DMAIC steps, as indicated in the review template. Candidates receive the review template upon registration for the exam. Projects whose documentation does not follow the DMAIC steps will be rejected. The Examination Committee reserves the right to ask for you to use the review template, before taking a project in progress.
• The project documentation must include a declaration signed by the project champion and a controller (or persons with equivalent powers). (Short) declaration states that the project report gives a realistic view of the project and its benefits.
• A project can only be submitted by one candidate. Joint projects should therefore be assigned to one of the Green Belts.
The submitted information will be kept confidential.