About the course Black Belt Design for Six Sigma
You are trained to become a professional Black Belt. This will enable you to take the lead in projects and carry them out according to the Design for Six Sigma methodology. The focus on customer demand and the gathering and evaluating of data, will lead to better products and a better development process. This will have a significant impact on product design, quality, reliability, company results and customer satisfaction.
To increase the effectiveness of the learning process of the Six Sigma methodology and associated tools, the participants will execute their first project in sync with the course. Followed by 4x free participation in the Six Sigma User Group to assure implementation in your own project. The project has to make a significant contribution to the organization, making a fast return of investment.
Subjects of the course Black Belt Design for Six Sigma
The following topics will be discussed during the Black Belt Design for Six Sigma course:
- DfSS project definition, business case
- DfSS requirements, voice of the customer
- Basic statistics, introduction Minitab
- Requirements and CTQ (Critical to Quality) flowdown
- Methodical design
- Lean, process mapping, risk management, FMEA, problem solving
- Process capability, DPMO, non-normal data
- TRIZ (Theory of Inventive Problem Solving)
- Data Analysis 1: hypothesis testing
- Data Analysis 2: regression analysis, non-parametric testing
- Design of Experiments 1
- Design of Experiments 2
- Robust Design & Tolerancing
- Design for Reliability en toepassing van DfSS tools
- Linking tools to DIDOV and DMAIC methodologies, closure
Results of the course Black Belt Design for Six Sigma
During the Back Belt Design for Six Sigma course you will learn:
- Introduction to the Design for Six Sigma methodologies
- In addition to CTQ flowdown and FMEA, creative techniques (TRIZ), preparation of experiments (DOEs), measurement system evaluations (GR&R) and Reliability Engineering methods are also discussed.
The Black Belt Design for Six Sigma course aims at professionals who execute projects for the development of new products, services and processes. Affinity with fact-based decision-making supported by statistics and personal involvement in projects is preferred. The course is suitable for professionals on Academic or HBO level, or an adequate level of knowledge gained by experience.
The Black Belt Design for Six Sigma course consists of 4 blocks in total 12 full days, from 9 am to 5 pm.
Locations, data & schedule
This training is offered in our 1.5-meter classrooms, online or hybrid. Moreover, we have both in-company as free enrollment possibilities.
Location: Eindhoven – High Tech Campus 29
Block 1: June 07-09
Block 2: June 28-30
Block 3: September 06-08
Block 4: September 27-29
The investment is € 6.950,(ex. VAT) per participant, extensive course material, project support during the training days and daily lunch.
Marcel Logger MSc:
Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma and Design for Six Sigma with a background in manufacturing, service, and logistics. Working as Sr. Product & Process Specialist at Holland Innovative.
Ing. Theo de Goede:
Passionate Master Black in the field of customer-focussed design in the High/Med-Tech field. At Holland Innovative, his knowledge is directed to the Design for Six Sigma and Reliability Engineering area.
Certificate / diploma
Participants receive a certificate of participation.
Method of teaching
The course is offered as an in-class course, but any other form is open for negotiation. In the case of one or more non-Dutch speaking participants, the course is given in English.
Maximum group size: 10 participants.
The course is a good preparation for the certification programs of the Holland Innovative Academy:
– Two variants: Lean Six Sigma and Design for Six Sigma
– Two degrees: green belt and black belt
– Two exam components: theory exam and practical part (1 or 2 successful projects)