About the One Day Workshop Six Sigma
The One Day Workshop Six Sigma will provide you with an overall impression of where and how Six Sigma can be employed in your organization. You will become familiar with the strategic importance of a structured approach such as DfSS and DMAIC. Furthermore, you will be able to make a link between your own objectives and the Six Sigma approach. During practical exercises, you will experience how a number of tools and methods can support your improvement and development process.
Subjects of the One Day Workshop Six Sigma
The following topics will be discussed during the Six Sigma workshop:
- Introduction. What is your challenge?
- Six Sigma, DfSS -IDOV & DMAIC; your strategic objectives.
- Principle of variation, experience the importance of variation and get acquainted with the evaluation of the measurement system.
- Improve with DMAIC; the DMAIC roadmap will be explained. Variation will become visible by doing exercises with a catapult. Improvements will be supported by FMEA (Failure Mode & Effect Analysis).
- Lean; the concept.
- Innovation, supported by DfSS/IDOV: The roadmap.
- Terms such as VOC, the Voice Of the Customer and VOB, Voice Of the Business are the starting point. This is followed by the identification of the CtQs: the Critical to Quality parameters. See how results can be predicted at an early stage with the Design of Experiments.
- Lifetime quality: reliability. Explanation of the connection between lifetime quality, reliability, and zero-hour quality, capability. You will experiment and make your own Reliability prediction.
- Program management. This last part concentrates on all the elements that you can organize around a program. Training, project implementation and support fit together perfectly.
Results of the One Day Workshop Six Sigma
During the workshop you will learn:
- Based on the definition of your own business objectives, you will start off with the DfSS-IDOV roadmap, focused on first-time right, and the DMAIC roadmap, focused on fact-based improvement. The aim and the result of all the steps will be explained.
- How the methods link up perfectly with the product creation process and how the expected results of the DfSS/DMAIC steps can become part of a standard project management review process.
- The importance of measurable development and improvement objectives, measurement system evaluations, the management and reduction of variation, and the relationship between delivery quality: ‘capability’ and lifetime quality: ‘reliability’. Presentations will alternate with case studies and interactive exercises.
The One Day Workshop Six Sigma is a professional, intensive one-day workshop intended for managers, project managers and program managers who have to manage and give guidance to an effective and efficient development and improvement process both in a technical and non-technical environment. Professionals who wish to inspire those around them with a process, based on a methodical approach, facts and data, without endangering the creativity of an organization by doing so.
1 day, from 9 am to 5.30 pm.
Locations, dates & schedule
Location: Enschede – The Gallery 500
Eindhoven – High Tech Campus 29
The investment is €795 (excl. VAT) per participant. Included is a syllabus of the course material, refreshments and lunch.
Marcel Logger MSc:
Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma and Design for Six Sigma with a background in manufacturing, service, and logistics. Working as Sr. Product & Process Specialist at Holland Innovative
Certificate / diploma
At the end of the session, the participants will receive a declaration of participation.
Method of teaching
The Training Six Sigma is offered as an in-class course, but any other form is open for negotiation. We are able to offer offline, online and hybrid courses.
Maximum group size: 12 participants.