Added value of a Project Management Office:
According to the “Project and Program Management Survey” of KPMG, organisations without a formal project management completed only 6% of their projects in a timely manner. Be aware that the Cost of Delay (COD) in a particular innovative environment is enormous. Organisations with a structured process completed at least 75% of their projects within the set timeframe.
The objective of a Project Management Office is to provide structure and transparency in a multi-project organisation. A properly organised Project Management Office can also coach projects on project management aspects which lead to greater effectiveness. In addition, a PMO ensures that learning outcomes from project evaluations are widely distributed in the project organisation.
Purpose of the training and results:
Based on the participants’ interaction and a case study, this one-day workshop teaches how the multi-project organisation in the innovative environment is organised effectively and efficiently and how a PMO can play a substantial role in it. A roadmap for a multistage PMO implementation is given during the training. At the end, you will have concrete tools to implement this in your organisation.
The One Day Workshop Managing the Innovation Factory is an intensive workshop designed for R&D and engineering managers who want to lead their multi-project organisation optimally, for managers of (starting) PMO’s and processoriented PMO employees.
• What is Innovation?
• The innovation process: Technology and Product Development; New Product Introduction
• The different forms of a multi-project organisation in an innovative environment
• Project and program steering
• Processes in the matrix of innovation
• A roadmap for PMO implementation: “a practical journey”
– Step 1: Specialists as right-hand of a program manager
– Step 2: The PMO as staff department for senior management
– Step 3: The PMO as a valued discipline in the innovative environment
– Step 4: Innovative processes in the total enterprise; the EPMO, the Enterprise Project Management Office
• Tips and advice:
– PMO staffing
– Innovation of innovative processes
– PPM Tooling
– Templates and Document management
Duration of the training and number of participants:
1 Day from 9.00 am to 17.00 pm; maximum 15 people. Holland Innovative also offers the One Day Workshop Managing the Innovation Factory with a PMO as an in-company workshop. The workshop can be modified as necessary.
The instructor of this workshop is Bert van Appeven, Project Management Professional at Holland Innovative. Bert has extensive experience in setting up PMO’s in R&D departments locally and abroad; in addition, he has a vast international experience in Innovation Management.
2 october 2019
Location and Cost:
Holland Innovative, High Tech Campus 9, Eindhoven.
The cost is € 495, – per participant (ex. VAT). Included is the one-day workshop, extensive class material, lunch, coffee, tea and refreshment drinks.
Do you have a question about one of our courses?
Would you like to discuss the possibilities? Please contact us for further information.
T: +31 (0)40 851 4611